In my earlier articles, I have discussed types of specifications and various purposes for which specifications are to be given. Most of the constructions of various types of buildings are RCC constructions. In this article, we are going to discuss in detail about the specifications that are to be necessarily given for carrying out RCC (reinforced Cement Concrete) constructions.
- Shuttering shall be done using seasoned wooden boards of thickness not less than 30mm.
- Surface contact with concrete shall be free from adhering grout, nails, splits and other defects.
- All the joints are perfectly closed and lined up.
- The shuttering and framing is sufficiently braced.
- Nowadays timber shuttering is replaced by steel plates.
- All the props of approved sizes are supported on double wedges and when taken out, these wedges are eased and not knocked out.
- All the framework is removed after 21 days of curing without any shocks or vibrations.
- All reinforcement bars conform IS specifications and are free from rust, grease oil etc.
- The steel grills are perfectly as per detailed specifications.
- The covers to concrete are perfectly maintained as per code.
- Bars of diameter beyond 25mm diameter are bent when red hot.
- The materials proportion should be as per the specifications of the concrete.
Number of Cement bags required for a specific cement concrete ratios
- For cement concrete of ratio 1:1:2(1 cement:1sand/coarse sand:2graded stone aggregate) require 11no bags of 50kg.
- For cement concrete of ratio 1:1.5:3 require 7.8no bags of 50kg.
- For cement concrete of ratio 1:2:4 require 6 no bags of 50kg.
- For cement concrete of ratio 1:3:6 require 4.25no bags of 50kg.
- For cement concrete of ratio 1:4:8 require 3.2 no bags of 50kg.
- For cement concrete of ratio 1:5:10 require 2.50 no bags of 50kg.
- For cement concrete of ratio 1:6:12 require 2.25 no bags of 50kg.