Septic Tank Design Calculations | Building Construction
In the previous article, we discussed in detail the calculations that are to be carried out for the design of a Septic Tank for 3bhk, 2bhk and 1bhk homes.
In this article, we will move forward with our discussion on the Septic Tank calculations for an Office Complex.
First question that is likely to occur to your mind would be, “How are Septic Tank Design calculations for an Office Complex different from that of a Residence?”
Let us first answer this question before we move forward with the calculations.
Residences are structures which are occupied with families living, eating and sleeping there. Let’s take an example of a person who regularly goes to an office for his job.
Let’s have a look at his Daily schedule:
- He wakes up in the morning.
- Takes a bath, uses a toilet.
- Has his breakfast after which he washes his hands. Apart from him using the services in the house, his family members also use the same.
- He leaves for his office. After he reaches the office, he wouldn’t take bath which consumes the maximum amount of water which turns into sewage water after use.
- His usage of toilet and bathroom would be minimum. Hence, it is important to understand the logic behind the Septic tank calculations.
Calculations for an Office Complex with 8000 employees
As per thumb rule;
Quantity of sewage to be considered for an Office Complex is to be calculated on the basis of the capacity of the Office.
Now, we are calculating the Volume for the Septic Tank required for an Office Complex with 8000 employees.
Hence, quantity of sewage to be considered per person should not be less than 20 gallons.
Office Complex = 8000 persons
Total quantity of sewage = 8000*20 = 1,60,000 gallons