You know, in the last few days, I was really worried. I was trying to update the firmware on my Samsung Tocco F480 cellphone. But something went wrong, and I could not start the camera. Whenever I tried to start the camera, I would get an error message that said, “Camera Failed!”
I was worried… My warranty had expired. And in any case, I would have voided any warranty with the firmware upgrades I was doing on my phone. I was out of luck.
I checked out many blogs and forums for a solution to the problem, but just no luck. But finally, an obscure Spanish blog had the solution to my problems… — http://todof480.foroes.net/camara-de-fotos-f7/problema-con-la-camara-t475-10.htm#7203
A new Sansung Camera firmware would do the trick. I tried it coz I had nothing to lose…
And it worked.
So, for all the readers, here is the Camera firmware and the steps to repair the dreaded “Camera Failed!” error.
Disclaimer: Do it on your own risk. I will not be responsible for any side effects on the phone. This could void your warranty. I recommend taking the phone to authorized personnel for repair.
Please download the Samsung F480 Camera Firmware here (700kb rar file). (Right Click on Link and click Save Link as)
1. Launch attached TkFileExplorer 2.2
2. Select (Settings) and then select COM Port
3. Select (Connect) after establish connection between PC and Phone
4. Copy attached files (CE131_F2_SEM.bin , CE131_F3_SEM.bi) to SystemFS/Driver folder
(Refer to the below picture)
5. Update camera firmware (input *#36287# on dial screen)
6. Select “ ISP firmware write” in camera test mode
7. Wait until you see ‘SUCCESS’ text on the screen
8. Select “ISP firmware Version Check” and then check the value
(if camera firmware is successfully recovered, you’ll see 0x43xxxxxx )
So friends, go ahead and repair the broken camera firmware on your Samsung F480.
P.S. If this does not work, please check out http://todof480.foroes.net/camara-de-fotos-f7/problema-con-la-camara-t475-10.htm#7203 for a detailed solution. That blog has many other files, including Jessica Firmware for Samsung Tocco camera, which might work.