Step by step procedure to RCC building design | Design of RCC Structures
A building is composed of various structural components such as Foundations, Plinth beams, Columns, Beams, Slab, Staircase, Doors and Windows.
Design of Foundation | RCC Building Design
Foundation design is the structural component from where the RCC design is initiated. The foundation design guide discussed earlier includes in detail the design procedure for isolated column footing. Column footing is the most commonly used type of foundation. It serves a variety of different buildings.
- Design of Foundation – the most commonly used foundation is Column footing.
- Calculation of loads in Foundation Design Calculation of loads is very important for the purpose of structural design. This article outlines the thumb rules for the calculation of various loads in foundation design.
- Types of Foundations This is a generic article on different types of foundations. It covers some commonly used shallow foundations and also explains pressure distribution under a foundation.
Design of Beams | RCC Building Design
Beams are mainly classified into two types:
- Doubly reinforced beam (most commonly used in RCC Construction)
- Singly reinforced beam
A series of articles have been written for the design of Singly reinforced sections. The articles include basic definitions and formulas, understanding stresses and modular ratios, assumptions for singly reinforced sections, Design method 1, Design method 2, Moment of resistance and a number of solved numerical examples.
Design of Columns | RCC Building Design
The article discusses the classification criteria for a column, and design of different types of reinforcements for columns which include longitudinal, transverse and helical reinforcements.
The articles important thumb rules to be followed for column layout design. Three important thumb rules have been discussed.
- Size of the Columns
- Distance between Columns
- Alignment of columns
Design of Slabs | RCC Building Design
- Various types of RCC Slabs Different types of RCC Slabs have been discussed including corrugated, ribbed, waffle, prefabricated concrete slab and in-situ concrete slabs.
- Design of Simply supported Slab
- Design of Sunken Slab
Design of Staircase | RCC Building Design
- Stairs spanning horizontally
- Stairs spanning vertically
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.